Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Barca Barca Barca!
So we officially have about 2 days until we head to Barcelona. I am thrilled... we leave at 7:30 in the AM on Friday morning and drive for about 6 hours. The weekend will be so insane. And I don't just mean partying, cause honestly that will be amazing, but I am there to see the sights, not get drunk off my ass. I think there are a lot of the kids in our program that might not agree with me, but whatever. There is a phrase in Spanish "Vale la pena". It literally means Is it worth the hardship?, and in English we would say Do the means justify the ends? I am finding that this phrase applies a lot to the things and people in my life here. There are too many examples to explain that properly, but for example, Barca. Would it really be worth it for me to go out Tuesday night to Beer Pong, Thursday night until the wee hours when I have to meet at 6:50 AM, and then take a 6 hours bus ride when I already get carsick to begin with? And on top of all this, I have a minor head cold. To me, I don't vale la pena, and I know that I will be much happier if I do things my own way than giving in to others just for the sake of the crowd. Regardless, I definitely and super emocionada (very excited!) to head to the city... I have heard such wonderful things and although we won't get to make it to the Barca - Bilbao game, we will get to visit the Sagrada Familia, the amazingly inventive and beautiful cathedral designed by Antonio Gaudi. His masterpiece yet remains unfinished, but the work continues and I can't wait to see it. The vale is definitely worth the pena where that in concerned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment