Thursday, February 10, 2011
Una mes
So it just occurred to me that tomorrow marks one month that I have been here in Spain, in Alicante. It seems unreal, and does not feel like a whole month at all. That sounds so cheesy, I know lol Like when you are in middle school and you have been dating someone for a month and you're like, "Omg, I'm in love!" But really, I'm in love with this place... there are things that bug the shit out of me. Like the fact that my house is ALWAYS 100% of the time colder than the outside temperature. Or that when I think I'm getting a great deal when something is on rebaja for only 10 euro, I am actually spending almost 20$. And of course, walking everywhere is hard for a girl who doesn't wear tennis shoes unless she is working out. But honestly, the amount of things I dislike are very few compared to those que me encantan (that enchant me). I love the people here, they are so friendly. And even though I hate having to take the bus to class everyday, I love to people watch for the half hour long ride. And of course, who DOESN'T love el Barrio? That bar district could top Columbus's any day of the week by a long shot... the weather, the beach, the food, the sangria, mi madre, my new friends, even the school work... I really do love this place. Even after only one month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment