Sunday, March 6, 2011

I hate Carnaval...

Okay, so overall, Carnaval was alright. The music, the dancing, the costumes... it was all over the time and insane! Like nothing you could ever imagine because that just doesn't happen in the US. However, my night was marred by one slight complication: I got pushed in the Mediterranean by a drunk Spanish girl who was mad at me for taking a picture of her boyfriend after he jumped into the sea. Long story short, we were down by the port hanging out and this girl and her boyfriend walk by, fighting. His friends come along and are holding hiim back from her while she is like screaming at him. All of a sudden, he jumps into the port. Just straight up int the water. So all the stupid Americans run over, thinking its a joke. I take a picture and I feel someone poke my chest... it's one of the guy's friends who is telling me in angry Spanish that I shouldn't be taking a picture, it's not funny. I start to apologize and tell him I thought it was a joke, honestly, when I get pushed backwards off the ledge and do a backflip (on accident) into the water. According to my onlooking friends my head was about an inch away from cracking on the cement ledge. I am not sure how it happened, and the only reason I know it ACTUALLY happened is because my phone was glowing from the bottom of the sea and my camera is currently sitting in a bucket of rice while I PRAY it dries out. I'm not holding out hope lol The people that were with me pulled me out, I changed and showered at a friend's house (I owe her some NICE alcohol haha), and then I put on a happy face and we went back to Carnaval. The rest of the night was fun... but honestly, you've never had a buzz kill until you get pushed into hypothermia-capable water. Yupp, any buzz I had goin' on before was floating away into the Mediterranean like the tampons from my purse...

No comments:

Post a Comment