Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

Okay, so I'm not sure whether or not the people I am referring to are rich, and I'm almost positive that none of them are exactly famous... but I have noticed that many people  here drive what would be considered a 'nice' car  in the US. I am talking about BMW's, Ferrari's, and Audi's. They aren't exactly common, but much more visible here among common people than in the US. Its weird to see so many of them roaming around when normally they are reserved for people with a lot of money. Someone told me its probably because they are all foreign made, which I guess hadn't occurred to me before.

Also, REBAJAS is a word that any girl can appreciate (and any guy too, for that matter lol). It means sale, and this time is year is the time for rebajas. Literally, REBAJAS REBAJAS REBAJAS are plastered all over all the sop windows from the upscale Macy's twin El Corte Ingles, to the small shops and boutiques on the side streets. Everything is on sale from January until around March, generally because it's after Christmas. But seriously, over the knee boots, real leather, for only 19,99 euro. Equivalent to about 25 or 30$, I was almost drooling on the boots. Its nuts, but it just means more exploring for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment