Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Margarita.

No, I'm not talking about the drink lol although that is good too :) Margarita is the name of my Spanish mother during my stay in Alicante, aka mi madre. Spanish madres are famous for their natures. Typical of Mediterranean lifestyle, they are very sympathetic, caring, and want to feed you. All. The. Time. haha they want to make sure you have everything you could ever want and more. Marga (her nickname) is a 5' nothing woman who MAYBE weighs about 80 lbs. She is sooo cute! Although she is about 60, you would never know. I have noticed (and been told) that the women here in Spain like to keep up with their appearances. They tend to dye their hair, work out, and dress nice almost everyday, with a little bit - or a lot - of makeup, depending on their tastes. Marga looks about 45 haha She is a single mother whose kids are grown and gone. Her daughter, although a couple of years younger, has a son who is only less than 1 year old! He is frickin' adorable as hell. His birthday is in March and Marga said we would celebrate. I can't wait to be here for it :) Her son, who is a couple of years older than his sister, is handsome. He has a girlfriend and although no grandkids yet, both of Marga's children live close so she can be there to help raise her niñitos (grandkids). He is also really into Guns n Roses, and when I told him that was one of my parent's favorite bands, he got really excited and said that's because its one of the BEST bands lol He also speaks really good English because he studied in Ireland. Because it's just the two of us, she tries to give me basically everything that I want. I have my own bathroom and I am living in her daughter's old room. All the families have WiFi (here it's pronounced wee-fee because of the Spanish accent) and so I can get online whenever I need to. She cleans up my room everyday, does my laundry, and had a new shower installed because my bathroom didn't have one. The first day was kinda rough because I was homesick and things were hard to get used to. But now I really enjoy being here. Although it's definitely not HOME, I am coming to think of it as my home away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment