Thursday, January 20, 2011
Ole blue eyes
So one interesting (though not really surprising thing) about Spain is that there are very few people here with light colored eyes. Most of the native born Spaniards have brown eyes of one shade or another. De hecho (in fact), one of the native speakers who was helping our group during orientation commented on my eyes and told me that it is very very rare to see someone who is actually from Spain with blue or green eyes. I hadn't really thought about it, but after she brought it up, I noticed that a lot of people look at my eyes before they notice anything else about me. And I think that is how most people know (or assume) that I'm not from around here haha Also, a lot of people here REALLY LIKE Americans. Of course there are those who don't and many people probably think we're kind of stupid at times lol but a lot of people get a lot more friendly when they find out you are a estadounidense (from the US). But honestly, I kind of feel like a celebrity sometimes :) Everyone stares and takes notice of me because I'm different and rather than wearing my sunglasses to hide my eyes - like celebrities normally do - I try NOT to wear them haha Maybe it's going to my head or maybe I am just imagining all of it, who knows? But one thing I do know is that I've never liked one of my features more than I do my eyes now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment